ACCT 6205: Auditing in a Big Data Environment
Lecture - 3 credits
- Intended for students with a prior course in assurance services and/or auditing.
- Focuses on the coverage of current significant issues in the assurance services and big data environment.
- Topics include the impact of technology on the audit process, client risk assessment and statistical data analysis, other assurance services and nonattestation engagements, and the use of complex decision aids.
- Emphasis is also on contemporary ethical and legal issues confronting the public accounting profession.
- Offer students the opportunity to think critically about a number of significant issues facing the auditing profession and also introduces impact of big data, the audit judgment, and decision-making process through the completion of a variety of audit cases.
Intended for students with a prior course in assurance services and/or auditing. Show more.