ARCH 5230: Structural Systems
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces the fundamental concepts of structural analysis and design for architecture.
- Examines the nature of forces and their effects on different types of structural elements; the structural properties of shapes and materials; and the selection, analysis, and design of efficient structural systems that resist the loads acting upon them.
- Uses historical and contemporary examples to illustrate how the changing context of architectural ideas drives structural form and the selection of structural systems.
- Includes field trips and student presentations of structural models and diagrams.
- Restricted to students in the architecture BS program and to students in the three-year MArch program.
Introduces the fundamental concepts of structural analysis and design for architecture. Show more.