ARCH 6440: Case Studies 2
Lecture - 4 credits
- Continues ARCH 6430.
- Builds on the understanding of professional practice developed in the previous course and investigates the array of “artful ways in which some practitioners deal competently with the indeterminacies and value conflicts of practice.” These indeterminacies, uncertainties, and value conflicts are part of a rapidly changing, dynamic world.
- There is an unprecedented need for flexible and responsive practices that can bridge the gap between traditional professional techniques and these situations.
- Requires core competencies that are not mismatched with the changing situations of practice.
- Requires new skills as well as traditional analytic techniques to respond adequately to these unique conditions of work.
- Through a closer examination and development of an in-depth project case study, students speculate on possible approaches to a revised and restructured model of professional knowledge and guidelines for reflective practice that can sustain a culture of design excellence.
Continues ARCH 6430. Show more.