Art - Media Arts
ARTD 3460: Photography: Concept + Process
Studio - 4 credits
- Explores how process informs concept and vice versa, with a focus on making and photographic practice.
- Emphasizes creative projects, readings on contemporary photography, and the responses and presentations on the ideas brought forth by our investigations.
- Constructive critiques, which include investigation of the nuances of the medium and its uses, encourage confidence of creative abilities, vision, and independent thinking.
- Students use photographic concepts and creative techniques for the development, coordination, and completion of a final photographic body of work.
- Considers the politics of representation and contextual references and seeks to answer: Who is it of?
- Who is it for?
- What does it do?
- Who does it serve?
- This is an intermediate photography seminar.
Explores how process informs concept and vice versa, with a focus on making and photographic practice. Show more.