Art - Design
ARTG 2250: Typography 1
Studio - 4 credits
- Introduces typography as the basis of graphic design and visual communication.
- Guides students through an understanding of letterforms, words, sentences, and text as both image and information.
- Studies form, context, and visual meaning.
- Introduces use of the typographic grid and issues of hierarchy and legibility through assigned projects, readings, and lectures.
- Includes the historical evolution of typefaces and their classification as a rational system.
Introduces typography as the basis of graphic design and visual communication. Show more.