BIOE 4790: Capstone Design 1
Lecture - 4 credits
- Offers the first in a two-course sequence of capstone design.
- Introduces principles of engineering design and applies them to the design of bioengineered devices.
- Topics consist of ethics, cost engineering, research methods, intellectual property, technical report writing, and FDA design control—including inputs, outputs, verification, validation, and design history files.
- Students are formed into teams and paired with a faculty advisor and supporter.
- Project support can be departmental, industrial, or external.
- Students defend a preliminary design project proposal in written and oral form before a faculty jury.
Offers the first in a two-course sequence of capstone design. Show more.