BIOE 5860: Engineering Approaches to Precision Medicine I
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers the field of biomedical data science.
- Teams of students undertake projects solicited from biomedical PIs in broad areas of biomedical research, using datasets and developing a project work plan.
- Studies how to estimate a patient’s state of health using their health data and to use modeling and machine learning methods to project that health state to make personalized predictions.
- Includes lectures on physiology, medicine, and engineering principles (probability, machine learning) relevant to each project; faculty mentors assist student projects with challenges.
- Requires project updates to the class at regular intervals so that teams gain experience with presenting.
Covers the field of biomedical data science. Show more.