BIOL 3603: Mammalian Systems Physiology
Lecture - 4 credits
- Designed to familiarize students with fundamental principles in mammalian physiology.
- Emphasizes major organ systems integration.
- Where applicable, explores and uses human physiology to reinforce principles in physiology and build upon these principles by analyzing how major organ systems effectively network for proper organismal function.
- Initially covers the physiological principles of energy and metabolism in mammals, including human adaptation for basic energy requirements, and then delves into basics of membrane transport.
- Evaluates roles for organ systems integration in the respiratory, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, hemopoietic, renal, and reproductive systems.
Designed to familiarize students with fundamental principles in mammalian physiology. Show more.