BIOL 5593: Cell and Molecular Biology of Aging
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers the recent scientific discoveries that have transformed our understanding of the process of aging.
- Examines in-depth the current understanding of the molecular mechanisms that control life span in model organisms, including yeast, worms, flies, and mice.
- Discusses dietary interventions and pharmacological approaches that extend the life span and delay the onset of age-related diseases.
- Covers potential applications of the new science of aging to improve human health.
- Requires students to read, discuss, present, and report on primary research papers from the literature.
Covers the recent scientific discoveries that have transformed our understanding of the process of aging. Show more.