BIOT 5920: Foundations in Vaccine Regulatory Science
Lecture - 3 credits
- Explores the science behind how regulatory pathways were developed and how vaccines were approved for human use.
- The pathway for vaccine approvals by national regulatory authorities has been well established for decades.
- The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic created an immediate need to create new vaccines, which also created a new need for the regulatory approval of these vaccines.
- Examines how SARS-CoV-2 vaccines caused an increased interest in the regulatory science behind vaccine regulatory approval, specifically exploring the use of emergency use authorization (EUA) in getting SARS-CoV-2 vaccines to market.
- Discusses how the use of EUAs changed the regulatory science landscape of vaccines.
Explores the science behind how regulatory pathways were developed and how vaccines were approved for human use. Show more.