BIOT 6300: Pharmaceutical Microbiology
Lecture - 3 credits
- Studies those microorganisms associated with the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, including biopharmaceuticals.
- Focuses on how to exclude microorganisms, such as exotoxins and endotoxins, from pharmaceutical processes to produce a sterile product.
- Considers how products react to microorganism contamination and methods of disinfection.
- Discusses pharmaceutical microbiology as related to clean rooms and controlled environments and methods and specifications related to microorganisms based on the United States Pharmacopeia guidelines.
- Lastly, discusses facility monitoring, specifically EM/critical utility testing, process monitoring, and maintenance throughout with an emphasis on what regulators expect to see in terms of data.
Studies those microorganisms associated with the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, including biopharmaceuticals. Show more.