CHME 5105: Materials Characterization Techniques
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers the fundamentals and applications of materials characterization techniques.
- Major techniques include electron microscopy imaging, microbeam analysis, diffraction techniques, and near-field scanning probe techniques.
- Offers students an opportunity to learn transmission electron microscopy, scanning electronmicroscopy, electron and X-ray beam analysis, scanning tunneling microscopy, atomic force microscopy, and scanning near-field optical microscopy.
- Covers the applications of these techniques on both solid-state materials, such as metal and ceramics, and soft materials and biomaterials, such as polymers and nanostructured materials.
- Incorporates lab sessions on scanning electron microscopy and microanalysis.
Covers the fundamentals and applications of materials characterization techniques. Show more.