CHNS 1101: Elementary Chinese 1
Lecture - 4 credits
- Designed for students who have very little or no prior knowledge of Chinese.
- Provides a lively introduction to basic oral expression, listening comprehension, and elementary reading and writing.
- Each lesson incorporates helpful information about daily life in China and the varied cultures within the world of Chinese speakers.
- Laboratory practice complements class work, enables students to work aloud at their own speed, reinforces their acquisition of essential structures, and acquaints them with a vast library of audio-visual resources.
- Focuses on Mandarin Chinese; students who wish to speak another dialect of Chinese should consult instructor for proper placement.
Designed for students who have very little or no prior knowledge of Chinese. Show more.