Civil & Environmental Engineer
CIVE 3464: Probability and Engineering Economy for Civil Engineering
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces engineering probability and statistics, as well as engineering economic analysis for project or design evaluation.
- Case studies are used to illustrate the integration of these areas in the design/system analysis process.
- Topics in engineering probability and statistics include descriptive statistics, expected value of random variables, and hypotheses testing.
- Statistical process control and sampling methods are introduced.
- Reliability methods for the analysis and improvement of system/design performance are discussed.
- Also covers fundamental concepts of time value of money and economic evaluation of alternatives, including the effects of depreciation and taxes.
Introduces engineering probability and statistics, as well as engineering economic analysis for project or design evaluation. Show more.