Civil & Environmental Engineer
CIVE 5373: Transportation Systems: Analysis and Planning
Lecture - 4 credits
- Discusses urban transportation planning and engineering for modes other than highway.
- Covers travel demand forecasting for both the short and long term including impact analysis methods, simple elasticity models, and the four-step model system of trip generation, trip distribution, modal split, and network assignment.
- Introduces transit service analysis and design.
- Other topics include capacity, service, and engineering design basics for different travel modes, such as bus, airport, rail, and bicycle.
- Considers the environmental impact, economic evaluation, and financial impact of different modes of transportation.
Discusses urban transportation planning and engineering for modes other than highway. Show more.