COMM 2650: The Business of Entertainment
Lecture - 4 credits
- Examines business issues associated with the entertainment industry.
- One dozen award-winning media industry guest speakers deliver lectures on the vital topics reshaping the entertainment landscape.
- Through lectures and case studies, introduces students to financing contracts, intellectual property issues, licensing, product placement, marketing and publicity, ratings, the impact of piracy, understanding and leveraging new technologies, and distribution.
- Offers students an opportunity to master these concepts by organizing into teams and developing an original entertainment industry business product or services.
- Requires each team to develop a formal business plan that includes a market analysis, a budget, and a marketing plan.
Examines business issues associated with the entertainment industry. Show more.