CRIM 5601: Financial Crimes
Seminar - 4 credits
- Offers an in-depth review of the extent, nature, causes, and control of the problem of financial crimes.
- Through readings, group discussion, and research assignments, familiarizes students with financial crimes such as terrorism financing, money laundering, fraud, corruption, and banking scandals.
- Examines the nature and extent of offenses committed by corporations, professionals, and public officials in the course of their occupations.
- Investigates the social, economic, and physical costs of such misconduct.
- Proposes challenges, techniques, and approaches to effective prevention, detection, investigation, regulation, and sanctioning of financial crimes.
Offers an in-depth review of the extent, nature, causes, and control of the problem of financial crimes. Show more.