CS 1800: Discrete Structures
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces the mathematical structures and methods that form the foundation of computer science.
- Studies structures such as sets, tuples, sequences, lists, trees, and graphs.
- Discusses functions, relations, ordering, and equivalence relations.
- Examines inductive and recursive definitions of structures and functions.
- Discusses principles of proof such as truth tables, inductive proof, and basic logic.
- Also covers the counting techniques and arguments needed to estimate the size of sets, the growth of functions, and the space-time complexity of algorithms.
Introduces the mathematical structures and methods that form the foundation of computer science. Show more.