CS 3200: Database Design
Lecture - 4 credits
- Studies the design of a database for use in a relational database management system.
- The entity-relationship model and normalization are used in problems.
- Relational algebra and then the SQL (structured query language) are presented.
- Advanced topics include triggers, stored procedures, indexing, elementary query optimization, and fundamentals of concurrency and recovery.
- Students implement a database schema and short application programs on one or more commercial relational database management systems.
Studies the design of a database for use in a relational database management system. Show more.