CS 4700: Network Fundamentals
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces the fundamental concepts of network protocols and network architectures.
- Presents the different harmonizing functions needed for the communication and effective operation of computer networks.
- Provides in-depth coverage of data link control, medium access control, routing, end-to-end transport protocols, congestion and flow control, multicasting, naming, auto configuration, quality of service, and network management.
- Studies the abstract mechanisms and algorithms as implemented in real-world Internet protocols.
- Also covers the most common application protocols (e-mail, Web, and ftp).
Introduces the fundamental concepts of network protocols and network architectures. Show more.