ECON 3440: Public Finance
Lecture - 4 credits
- Presents an overview of the economics of government and the role of public policy.
- Develops guidelines to determine which economic activities are best performed by government and which are not.
- Also examines the impact of tax policies on efficiency, economic growth, and equity.
- Topics include market failures, public choice, the personal income tax, the corporate tax, sales tax, and taxation of capital and wealth, and options for reform of the tax structure.
- Major spending programs such as social security and education and healthcare are analyzed.
Presents an overview of the economics of government and the role of public policy. Show more.