Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 2412: Fundamentals of Electronics
Lecture - 4 credits
- Reviews basic circuit analysis techniques.
- Briefly introduces operation of the principal semiconductor devices: diodes, field-effect transistors, and bipolar junction transistors.
- Covers diode circuits in detail; the coverage of transistor circuits focuses mainly on large-signal analysis, DC biasing of amplifiers, and switching behavior.
- Uses PSpice software to simulate circuits and large-signal models and transient simulations to characterize the behavior of transistors in amplifiers and switching circuits.
- Digital electronics topics include CMOS logic gates, dynamic power dissipation, gate delay, and fan-out.
- Amplifier circuits are introduced with the evaluation of voltage transfer characteristics and the fundamentals of small-signal analysis.
Reviews basic circuit analysis techniques. Show more.