Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 3392: Electronic Materials
Lecture - 4 credits
- Provides a basic treatment of electronic materials from atomic, molecular, and application viewpoints.
- Topics include atomic structure and bonding in materials, structure of materials, and crystal defects.
- These topics lay a foundation for the introduction of thermal and electronic conduction, which is the underlying physics of electronic devices.
- Finally, the electronic properties of semiconductors, dielectric, magnetic, superconducting, and optical materials are examined.
- The latter half deals with an introduction to the state of the art in electronic materials, including semiconductor nanoelectronics, magnetic semiconductors and spintronics, molecular electronics, carbon nanotubes, conducting polymers, diamondlike carbon, and other topics representing recent technological breakthroughs in the area of electronic materials.
Provides a basic treatment of electronic materials from atomic, molecular, and application viewpoints. Show more.