Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 3410: Electronic Design
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers advanced analog and mixed-signal circuit analysis topics.
- Introduces analog integrated circuits (ICs) concepts with bipolar and field effect transistor devices.
- Covered IC building blocks include current sources and active loads, differential stages, cascode configurations, gain stages, and output stages.
- The uses of the building blocks are demonstrated for the design of popular ICs, such as operational amplifiers and voltage comparators.
- The high-frequency circuit models of transistors are described and used to evaluate the frequency responses of amplifiers.
- Introduces analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion concepts and the concepts of feedback and instability with applications to the design of amplifiers and oscillators.
- The course makes extensive use of the SPICE simulation tool for assignments and projects.
Covers advanced analog and mixed-signal circuit analysis topics. Show more.