Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 4632: Hardware-Software Codesign for FPGA-Based Systems
Lecture - 4 credits
- Studies hardware and software design for embedded systems.
- Focuses on techniques to efficiently design and make use of field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) to accelerate applications.
- Specific topics include HW/SW codesign, buses and interfacing, C as a hardware description language, high-level synthesis, pipelining, hardware memory hierarchies, and computer arithmetic.
- Offers students an opportunity to program an embedded processor and interface to digital logic designs implemented on programmable hardware, as well as an opportunity to develop a series of designs in class, culminating in a project of the student's choosing.
- Potential project topics include (but are not limited to) computer vision, cryptography, machine learning, and wireless communications.
Studies hardware and software design for embedded systems. Show more.