Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 5639: Computer Vision
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces topics such as image formation, segmentation, feature extraction, matching, shape recovery, dynamic scene analysis, and object recognition.
- Computer vision brings together imaging devices, computers, and sophisticated algorithms to solve problems in industrial inspection, autonomous navigation, human-computer interfaces, medicine, image retrieval from databases, realistic computer graphics rendering, document analysis, and remote sensing.
- The goal of computer vision is to make useful decisions about real physical objects and scenes based on sensed images.
- Computer vision is an exciting but disorganized field that builds on very diverse disciplines such as image processing, statistics, pattern recognition, control theory, system identification, physics, geometry, computer graphics, and learning theory.
- Requires good programming experience in Matlab or C++.
Introduces topics such as image formation, segmentation, feature extraction, matching, shape recovery, dynamic scene analysis, and object recognition. Show more.