Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 5641: Introduction to Software Security
Lecture - 4 credits
- Offers students an opportunity to learn how the security of systems can be violated and how such attacks can be detected and prevented.
- Computer security problems have a significant impact on practical aspects of our lives.
- Despite a considerable corpus of knowledge about tools and techniques to protect systems, information about actual vulnerabilities and how they are exploited is not generally available.
- Covers common programming, configuration, and design mistakes and examines possible protection and detection techniques.
- Uses examples to highlight general error classes.
- Includes a number of practical lab assignments that require students to apply their knowledge, as well as engage in a discussion of the current research in the field.
Offers students an opportunity to learn how the security of systems can be violated and how such attacks can be detected and prevented. Show more.