Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 5688: Analysis of Unbalanced Power Grids
Lecture - 4 credits
- Examines common types of power system faults.
- Starts with a detailed description of three-phase modeling of basic power system elements such as transmission lines, transformers, and generators.
- Then presents fundamentals of three-phase circuit analysis in the steady state, both for balanced and unbalanced operating conditions.
- Uses symmetrical component transformation and positive, negative, and zero sequence networks to analyze unbalanced systems.
- Presents methods to calculate fault currents and postfault bus voltages.
- Reviews basic protective relaying and relay settings using typical distribution system examples.
Examines common types of power system faults. Show more.