Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 7245: Microwave Circuit Design for Wireless Communication
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers planar microwave circuits and integrated circuits (MMICs) for wireless communication systems.
- Employs microwave CAD tools in design projects as well as in-class case-study examples.
- Reviews communication system basics, modulation and demodulation, architectures of receivers and transmitters, and system performance.
- Covers planar transmission lines and coupled lines and their application to important devices and microwave circuit functions and multiport networks using S-parameters, flow graphs, and Smith charts.
- Studies microwave filters, narrowband and broadband amplifiers, their gain and stability, impedance matching, and noise performance, as well as mixers and frequency-conversion techniques.
- Finishes with design and performance of microwave oscillators.
- Covers wireless standards, multiple-access techniques, and recent advances if time permits.
Covers planar microwave circuits and integrated circuits (MMICs) for wireless communication systems. Show more.