Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 7271: Computational Methods in Electromagnetics
Lecture - 4 credits
- Presents solutions to problems in electromagnetics using a wide variety of numerical and computational methods.
- Discusses in detail the finite difference approximations of partial differential equations and the finite difference time-domain method of simulating electromagnetic wave propagation and scattering.
- Uses moment methods to solve the integral equations related to currents and charges on wire structures.
- Uses finite element and higher-order finite difference methods to solve problems in electrostatics and wave propagation.
- Discusses efficient matrix methods, relaxation methods, the conjugate gradient technique, and multidimensional Newton's method in the context of electromagnetic field simulation.
Presents solutions to problems in electromagnetics using a wide variety of numerical and computational methods. Show more.