Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 7296: Electronic Materials
Lecture - 4 credits
- Offers a basic treatment of electronic materials from atomic, molecular, and application viewpoints.
- Topics include atomic structure and bonding in materials, structure of materials, and crystal defects.
- These topics lay a foundation for thermal and electronic conduction, which is the underlying physics of electronic devices.
- Examines the electronic properties of semiconductors, dielectric, magnetic, superconducting, and optical materials.
- The latter half of the course deals with an introduction to state-of-the-art electronic materials, including semiconductor nanoelectronics, magnetic semiconductors and Spintronics, molecular electronics, carbon nanotubes, conducting polymers, graphene and graphane, and other topics representing recent technological breakthroughs in the area of electronic materials.
Offers a basic treatment of electronic materials from atomic, molecular, and application viewpoints. Show more.