Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 7352: Computer Architecture
Lecture - 4 credits
- Presents many of the issues involved in the design and analysis of new and evolving computer architectures.
- Topics include all aspects of the system including the microprocessor, memory, I/O, and networking.
- Emphasizes the connection between architecture and the underlying software that drives it.
- Topics include pipelining, superscalar, out-of-order execution and completion, data flow, caching, prefetching, virtual memory, RAID, and ATM switching.
- Performance analysis is another fundamental theme of this course.
- A project is assigned that involves the creation of a trace-driven simulation model to study the performance of various hardware or software architectural features.
- Also provides a survey of the current state of the art in processor architectures and provides additional readings from recent research in the field.
- Requires a working knowledge of C programming language.
Presents many of the issues involved in the design and analysis of new and evolving computer architectures. Show more.