Ecology, Evolutn & Marine Biol
EEMB 3460: Conservation Biology
Lecture - 4 credits
- Explores conservation biology, an interdisciplinary science that focuses on conservation of biological diversity at multiple levels.
- Emphasizes the causes and consequences of biodiversity loss and demonstrates how ecological and evolutionary principles are applied to conservation problems.
- Covers sustainability; climate change; introduced species; conservation of threatened and endangered species; and pollution, disease, and habitat restoration using examples from marine, aquatic, and terrestrial systems.
- Offers students an opportunity to read, discuss, evaluate, and present data from primary research through written assignments and oral debates and to apply this knowledge to conservation issues.
- Emphasizes critical thinking, problem solving, and recognizing multiple perspectives.
Explores conservation biology, an interdisciplinary science that focuses on conservation of biological diversity at multiple levels. Show more.