Engineering Cooperative Ed
ENCP 3000: Professional Issues in Engineering
Lecture - 1 credit
- Provides students with an opportunity to reflect on both academic and co-op experiences in the context of planning for the senior year and beyond.
- Issues include professional and ethical issues, resolving ethical conflicts, awareness of engineers as professionals in a diverse world, strengthening decision-making skills, career portfolios, and lifelong learning needs, goals, and strategies.
- Students reflect upon issues of diversity from their experience in the University and in their cooperative education placements.
- Explores the role of different work and learning styles and diverse personal characteristics on the workplace and the classroom.
- Professional issues include impact of the cultural context, both in the United States and around the world, on the client, government relations, and the workplace.
Provides students with an opportunity to reflect on both academic and co-op experiences in the context of planning for the senior year and beyond. Show more.