ENGW 3311: Advanced Writing for Prelaw
Lecture - 4 credits
- Offers instruction in writing for students considering legal careers.
- Introduces students to legal reasoning and to the contexts, purposes, genres, audiences, and styles of legal writing.
- Emphasizes the role of writing and argument in U.
- S. legal culture.
- Using strategies drawn from rhetorical theory and criticism, students examine briefs, memoranda, opinions, and other legal texts to identify and describe techniques of analysis and persuasion.
- In a workshop setting, offers students an opportunity to evaluate a wide variety of sources and develop expertise in audience analysis, critical research, peer review, and revision.
Offers instruction in writing for students considering legal careers. Show more.