ENSY 5500: Smart Grid
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers fundamentals of smart electric power grid.
- Covers definition, design criteria, and technology.
- Smart grid can be defined as the application of information processing and communications to the power grid.
- Seeks to motivate development of the smart grid, evaluating options for adding sensing, communications, computation, intelligence, control, and automation to various parts of the electric system.
- Topics include automation, or lack thereof, in existing power systems; generation; transmission; distribution; and smart grid definition.
Covers fundamentals of smart electric power grid. Show more.