ENSY 5800: Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Energy Systems
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers fundamentals of artificial intelligence (AI) used in engineering applications for energy systems.
- Introduces a brief treatment of AI methods.
- Examines several AI methods, including search algorithms, decision making under uncertainty, graphical methods, and machine learning.
- Discusses a more thorough treatment for how AI is used for engineering applications in energy systems.
- Application areas include power generation, electric grid, renewables, and energy storage.
- Focuses on practical considerations, including economic opportunity, verification and validation, risks, and nontechnical challenges.
Covers fundamentals of artificial intelligence (AI) used in engineering applications for energy systems. Show more.