Entrepreneurship & Innovation
ENTR 4505: Entrepreneurial Venture Growth Strategies
Lecture - 4 credits
- Focuses on helping technology ventures define and improve their strategies and tactics to achieve external funding.
- Studies frameworks for developing a growth-focused product and service strategy; techniques to grow and evolve a startup team, creating scalable business models; and early stage, successive-round venture finance.
- Working in teams, students must apply these methods to improve the business plans for early stage technology ventures and to create new financial projections and investor packages for early stage ventures, with specific assessments of customer focus and needs, intellectual property, new product-line and technology strategy, and business model design.
- Company projects include the fields of web services, IT, healthcare, and life sciences.
- The course is a practicum on how to get new venture concepts funded and scaled from the perspective of entrepreneur and investor.
Focuses on helping technology ventures define and improve their strategies and tactics to achieve external funding. Show more.