English as Scnd Lng - CPS Spec
ESLG 0095: Advanced Reading and Writing
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces the fundamentals of critical reading and writing in an academic context.
- Emphasizes analyzing and interpreting various forms of argument, evaluating the rhetorical dimension of a text, and using critical texts as the basis for developing an independent position with a cogent line of argument.
- Working closely with a selection of texts drawn from different genres, offers students an opportunity to practice summary, paraphrase, quotation, and the synthesis of multiple viewpoints.
- Focuses on reading strategies and grammar fundamentals.
- Seeks to prepare students to succeed on standardized tests of English.
Introduces the fundamentals of critical reading and writing in an academic context. Show more.