English as Scnd Lng - CPS Spec
ESLG 0230: Writing for Graduate School
Lecture - 4 credits
- Explores methods for researching, organizing, and writing term papers and for making presentations.
- Offers students an opportunity to become familiar with and to learn to integrate techniques such as use of metaphor and analogy, juxtaposition of ideas, and variation of tone to more effectively articulate their ideas in academic writing, as well as to learn how to conduct library and online research, to paraphrase and summarize effectively, to organize an extended piece of writing, and to cite sources appropriately.
- Focuses on individual writing needs.
- Covers the importance of the process as well as the product of writing, and students are expected to keep a portfolio of their writing as well as to develop a final extended research paper exploring an academic topic in-depth.
- May be repeated up to two times.
Explores methods for researching, organizing, and writing term papers and for making presentations. Show more.