Finance & Insurance
FINA 3303: Investments
Lecture - 4 credits
- Focuses on investment management as the study of risk and return of financial securities and real assets.
- Students design and assess models that evaluate investments while recognizing the constraints of the real world.
- Explores domestic and international financial markets and the securities traded therein.
- Discusses techniques for valuation of financial assets.
- Analyzes qualitative concepts such as market efficiency, intrinsic value, and risk.
- Provides the ability to build unique valuation models to suit the particular investment alternative that students wish to scrutinize.
- Also stresses portfolio construction, management, and protection, as well as performance assessment.
- During the semester, students have an opportunity to create and manage a stock portfolio.
Focuses on investment management as the study of risk and return of financial securities and real assets. Show more.