Finance & Insurance
FINA 4370: Financial Modeling
Lecture - 4 credits
- Designed to develop students’ quantitative financial modeling skills and techniques using the Excel spreadsheet.
- Through learning how to use numerical examples and business cases, students study corporate valuation, weighted average cost of capital (WACC), pro forma statement modeling, portfolio models, and Monte Carlo simulation methods, etc.
- Seeks to cultivate students’ ability to make assumptions, deal with imperfect information, and real-world data issues.
- Offers students an opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge in advanced corporate finance, asset pricing, and option pricing in a real-world context.
- This course is highly quantitative in nature; while it does not derive complicated mathematical formulas, familiarity with concepts such as the capital asset pricing model (CAPM), WACC, portfolio theory, and pro forma financial statements is expected.
Designed to develop students’ quantitative financial modeling skills and techniques using the Excel spreadsheet. Show more.