Finance & Insurance
FINA 4610: Entrepreneurial Finance and Private Equity
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers qualitative and quantitative aspects of entrepreneurial finance, such as venture capital and angel financing.
- Also covers private equity (i.e., buyout/leveraged-buyout firms), but in less detail.
- Introduces valuation in entrepreneurial finance, including valuation of startups, using real options to value innovation-intensive firms, valuation in staged financing, etc.
- Casework emphasizes the practical aspects of qualitative and quantitative issues related to venture capital financing, entrepreneurship, and innovation from the perspective of the financier and the startup firm.
- Discusses issues related to the venture capital industry, such as the limited partnership structure, term-sheets and contracts, exit of portfolio firms, and international investments.
- Requires a working knowledge of Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
Covers qualitative and quantitative aspects of entrepreneurial finance, such as venture capital and angel financing. Show more.