Health Sci - Interdisciplinary
HLTH 5280: The (in)Visibility of (dis)Ability in Society
Seminar - 3 credits
- Addresses the issues of disability relative to culture, public policy, rights, and advocacy.
- Focuses class discussion on the experiences of people with disabilities living in our current society as well as from a historical perspective.
- Explores the following topics: who is disabled, social attitudes toward people with disabilities, and images and stigma in the media.
- Also covers the language of disability, disability culture, and the forgotten minority.
- Affords students an opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the complex and dynamic issues and themes concerning people with disabilities.
Addresses the issues of disability relative to culture, public policy, rights, and advocacy. Show more.