Interdisc Studies - Arts/Media
INAM 2000: Ethics in Creativity
Seminar - 4 credits
- Studies the role of ethics in creative practice.
- Offers students an opportunity to reflect on many of the concerns creative professionals face, such as how creative practitioners manifest care as a social intervention for building intimacy, healing, and hope across communities and how to develop and articulate creative goals.
- From the rhetoric of trust and authenticity, to honesty and generosity, ethical concepts consistently make their way into creative practice.
- Examines (and affords students an opportunity to hone) strategies to systematically navigate uncertainty and iteration within creative practice, culminating in a student final creative project.
- Readings focus on ethical paradigms that illustrate how systems of power shape the role of creative practices in society.
Studies the role of ethics in creative practice. Show more.