Information Systems Program
INFO 7250: Engineering of Big-Data Systems
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces a general framework for thinking about big data.
- Services such as Web analytics and intelligent e-commerce have promoted a rapid increase in the volume of data generated, analyzed, and archived.
- In order to solve the problems related to big data, a newer type of database product has emerged.
- Covers how to apply technologies like Hadoop, Accumulo, MongoDB, and various NoSQL databases to build simple, robust, and efficient systems to manage and analyze big data.
- Also describes an easy approach to big data systems that can be built and run by a small team of students.
- Guides students through the theory of big data systems, how to implement them in practice, and how to deploy and operate them once they are built.
Introduces a general framework for thinking about big data. Show more.