INTB 3205: Understanding and Managing Cultural Differences
Lecture - 4 credits
- Emphasizes the importance of cultural differences in international business.
- Describes the value of developing cultural agility in a global career, and discusses startups in diverse cultural contexts.
- Focuses on learning from international experiences and highlights the science behind what makes people successful in different countries and with people from different cultures.
- Discusses how to use this science to facilitate cultural agility development.
- Presents frameworks to understand cultural values; explains cultural curiosity and tolerance of ambiguity; emphasizes cultural responses such as adaptation, minimization, and integration; and studies living and working in a host country.
- Offers students an opportunity to develop self-management and relationship-management competencies in diverse cultural environments.
Emphasizes the importance of cultural differences in international business. Show more.