INTL 5268: International Environmental Policy
Seminar - 4 credits
- Explores key environmental challenges and policy solutions from an international perspective.
- Emphasizes the complexity of human-natural systems for policy design, provides a history of international environmental politics, and discusses contemporary policy issues.
- Presents key paradigms for understanding environmental challenges and the analytical tools to look critically at important debates, understand the role of different actors, identify equity and justice considerations, and assess policy options from multiple perspectives.
- Focuses on global environmental governance and sustainable development diplomacy, natural resource management, and climate change policy.
- Addresses the role of science in policymaking, tensions between environment and development, the scale and complexity of international environmental governance, and equity and justice.
Explores key environmental challenges and policy solutions from an international perspective. Show more.