JRNL 2201: Journalism 2: Intermediate Reporting
Lecture - 4 credits
- Continues JRNL 1101.
- This is the second writing course for undergraduate journalism students with an emphasis on learning how to report news stories.
- Offers students the opportunity to find sources and interview them, do background research, and use public records.
- Developing story ideas using computer-assisted reporting will be covered.
- Examines how to develop a story idea and then focus and organize it.
- Covers basic principles of online journalism including writing, design, and integration of visuals and text for the Web.
- Introduces elements of design and layout.
Continues JRNL 1101. Show more.