MATH 5131: Introduction to Mathematical Methods and Modeling
Lecture - 4 credits
- Presents mathematical methods emphasizing applications.
- Uses ordinary and partial differential equations to model the evolution of real-world processes.
- Topics chosen illustrate the power and versatility of mathematical methods in a variety of applied fields and include population dynamics, drug assimilation, epidemics, spread of pollutants in environmental systems, competing and cooperating species, and heat conduction.
- Requires students to complete a math-modeling project.
- Requires undergraduate-level course work in ordinary and partial differential equations.
Presents mathematical methods emphasizing applications. Show more.